Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Next Step

Greetings. I was away from the computer for the weekend, and then came home with the flu so I have not been posting or keeping up with my favorite blogs.

January ended while I wan't paying attention! I'm pleased we ended with some great quotes of joy and inspiration. Thanks to all who shared. Do you have any other reflections on a month of giving yourself permission to be happy?

And now it is February, and time to focus on Step 2--Decide if you want to be right or happy.

I'll start posting in a day or so as soon as I'm feeling a little better. Till then, think about some arguments you have been a party to. Petty things, big things, one big blow out, or a continuing conflict. No need to evaluate them or analyze them. Just see if you can identify some.

Stay tuned....

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, sorry about the flu, but hopefully while you were away you had some happiness, and fun! Coasting here still on a gray, snowy and cold winter....some thing new I wish would blow in our state....that's not winter like! Take care, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fight with my office computer a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. GP: Get well soon. I am never right. I listen, weigh, and have my own perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better...I have my biggest fight with myself! Second guessing how I should or should not do something, usually related to parenting well. I often think I would truly find my happy place if I could find the 'off' switch to my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Galen,
    Sorry you haven't felt well. I hope you have been able to get in some relaxation. I'm sending warm and healthy vibrations in your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Galen, I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Here's one of my favorite quotes in regards to being happy or right and it works for me when my ego wants to be right...

    "I'd rather be serene than be right", simple but so true!

    Take care and see you when you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your good wishes. This flu has knocked me right down. Maybe my body needed more of a rest than I have been giving it lately. Forced bed rest can be a good thing. I appreciate all your comments. Hopefully I will be back in the saddle in another day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon!!

    Twenty years ago I would have said that I want to be right. Now I can relax and know that the truth is still the truth whether the other person agrees with me or not. So I can be happy and not worry about fighting to be right.

    joy & blessings,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Galen,
    Are you now singing the "Happy Little Go-Away Flu" song? I sing my way through life. You are doing a very good thing by reminding people to be happy. Sometimes people just plain forget. Bless you
    I send you love and peace,
    Manzanita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care of your self...feel great and don't come back too soon for your health and happiness

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.