Monday, June 21, 2010

Roses and Rainbows

We are having a rainy, chilly spring and early summer in the Pacific Northwest. Too cold and wet to sit in the garden with my morning tea. But as I drove around town today I noticed the lush profusion of flowers. The highways are lined with cacophonies of red, white, and pink roses. Every little median patch is exploding with poppies and wildflowers.

And I have seen more rainbows in the past month than in the past decade. Even double rainbows. Now every time it is raining and the sun breaks through, I start looking for the rainbows and I almost always find one.

Rainbows make my heart sing. And you can’t have rainbows without rain. So while a little warm sunshine would be nice, the rainbows are a delightful consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is valuable and valued. Comment moderation is enabled to block spam, so please excuse the brief delay until your comment appears on the blog.